CeCee: And, there are basically two types—
Lucy: Wild and superwild.
CeCee: We like the latter, but either one can be blastworthy.
Lucy: And, don’t let the name fool you. If it’s a classic, hardly anyone gets any sleep at a sleepover!
Lucy and CeCee: Here is a list of our classic sleepover activities.
L&C’s Classic Sleepover Activities
♥ Freeze the bras of girls who go to bed first
♥ Have a horror-movie-fest
♥ Give manis/pedis
♥ Give makeovers
♥ Have an old-fashioned pillow fight
♥ Play Truth or Dare
♥ Play “Would You Rather …?”
♥ Have a foodfest*
♥ Make crank calls
*Food is a vital part of the sleepover. After all, how will you stay up all night without the proper sustenance? Pizza with the works is an obvious and safe choice. Other yum-o options are tacos, hot dogs, and build-your-own sub sandwiches. Snack food should include popcorn, assorted candies, pretzels, chips ’n’ dip, and the like. Fun dessert ideas are making cupcakes, brownies, or having an ice cream sundae bar. And, don’t forget the next morning. If you’re a hostess with the mostest, you’ll send your besties off with a full stomach. Ask your mom if she doesn’t mind making pancakes or at least buying some sort of doughnuts or pastries.
Beware: If you’re a pranker-cranker, make sure to dial *67 first or call on a private line. We don’t recommend calling your teachers. Boys and extremely annoying people are all fair game—but never be mean! Also, cruel pranks should be avoided. This includes laxatives in the soda, dunking hands in warm water (doesn’t really work anyway), and shaving eyebrows or other body parts. Remember, what happens at a sleepover stays at a sleepover!
Helpful Hint: Don't be too loud. Not only will it irritate your parents, but they could become suspicious and check things out for themselves. Also, don't let your friends be a slob mob! If your besties leave and it looks like a tornado hit, encourage your BFF to stick around and help you clean up. This way, your mom won’t freak and vow never to allow any future sleepovers. Also, be sure to thank your parents for letting you throw your bash. Parents love to be appreciated!
Stuff You’ll Need:
♥ Your six to eight best besties (this is the ideal size; any more and it gets a little crazy)
♥ Lots of junk food
♥ Scary movies (ask before you can get the R-rated kind.)
♥ Sleeping bag/pillow
♥ Barf bag or bowl since someone always overdoes it on the junk food
♥ Makeup and spa materials
♥ Cell phone for crank call and documentation purposes
♥ Extra pillows, blankets
***Sleepover parties are cool, but sometimes it’s nice just to hang out with your bestie—which is when you have a bestie sleepover.***
Lucy and CeCee’s Sleepover Agenda
1) Organized Lucy’s Life Science notes as promised (approximate time allotted—seven minutes)
2) Discussed the art of kissing; practiced with pillows
3) Watched Twilight for the millionth time; analyzed pertinent Bella/Edward scenes
4) Painted toes
5) Danced to Black Eyed Peas
6) Made BFF picture frames
7) Picked up phone; listened to Lilly’s convo with Cora
8) Chugged soda; had burping contest
9) Made friendship bracelets
10) Updated BFF scrapbook
11) Feasted on Lacey’s Girl Scout cookies (at least Lucy did); CeCee watched as Lucy lapsed into temporary sugar coma
12) Dialed *67; called Josh Land twice—hung up twice
13) Picked up phone; listened to Lilly’s convo with Carson
14) Spied on Lilly, who journaled listening to John Mayer and then cried
15) Went through school yearbook; commented on entire class
16) Went through school yearbook; commented on entire faculty
17) Dialed *67; called Principal Payne to discuss uniform policy anonymously; hung up when wife answered
18) Perused through Seventeen and CosmoGIRL to take all quizzes; shared answers
19) Played game of “Would You Rather …?”
20) Googled “chest-building exercises” and did them
21) Made popcorn, burned it, threw it away
22) Washed faces, didn’t brush teeth, went to bed …